Temporary Full-Time Summer Reading Program Coordinators
Two enthusiastic, highly motivated coordinators are required for the TD Summer Reading Program at the Strathmore Municipal Library. Anticipated employment dates are from June 1-Aug 14, 2020. These full-time (40hrs/week) positions are conditional upon grant funding.
- Prepare and run weekly activities for children and teens ranging in age from 3-17 for 7 weeks based on the TD Summer Reading Club theme and material.
- Promote and market the Summer Reading Program within the community by creating handouts, posters, and visiting schools.
- Solicit program and prize donations from local businesses.
- Plan and execute kick-off and wind-up parties for participants together with other special events.
- Manage the program budget.
- Maintain program statistics and conduct a final report and evaluation.
- Full-time student between the ages of 18-30 intending to return to full-time studies in the next school year, legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Enthusiastic about great books and intriguing stories.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and implement programs for children of all ages.
- Ability to work collaboratively, supervising volunteers as required.
- Experience in children’s programming is an asset, as is experience with music, drama, crafts, and/or storytelling.
- Successful applicants must produce a criminal record check.
Hours of work:
- Typically daytimes Monday-Friday with occasional weekend shifts.
Cover letters and resumes may be sent by email to:
Rachel Dick Hughes
Director of Library Services
Strathmore Municipal Library
85 Lakeside Blvd
Strathmore, AB T1P 1A1
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be received by March 27, 2020